Cyest Corporation: Handling of Personal Information
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
In conducting business, we hold personal information such as the user’s address, name, phone number and email address through the acceptance of various applications, including questionnaires and surveys, business negotiations, and the conclusion of contracts. This personal information will be used for the following purposes.
Definition of Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to information regarding a living individual that can identify the specific individual based on the: (1) name, date of birth, or other description contained in such information; (2) identification number.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We comply with the “Act on the Protection of Personal Information” of Japan and use the personal information we have received to provide guidance / suggestions, conclusion and execution of contracts, implementation of after-sales services, contact with users, development of new products and services, and provision of information that may be useful to users on the following main businesses conducted by our company or our group companies.
- Global market consulting business
- Management consulting business
- Staffing and recruitment business
- Travel business and travel agency business
- Investment business in real estate, securities and other financial assets
Specifically, to fulfill the commitments of our business activities and contracts, we may use the collected personal information for the following purposes.
- To get feedback from users
- To respond to inquiries and requests for materials from users
- To register for the staffing and recruitment service system operated by our company, or to provide relevant information to our partner recruitment companies
- To conduct market research or develop new products and services
- To disseminate information on various events, seminars, campaigns, membership services, etc.
- To send newsletter or related publication
- To provide information on products and services handled by our company or its business partners
- For business audits
- Other incidental or related matters to our business.
In addition, our company may delegate certain business functions and provide personal information to delegated subcontractors to the extent necessary to smoothly carry out the business. In that case, we conduct the appropriate measures and supervision, including conclusion of an agreement on the handling of personal information with the subcontractor.
2. About Jointly-used Personal Information
Cyest Corporation may share and jointly use the personal information collected from customers as follows.
2.1. Jointly-used Personal Information
Client name, address, telephone number, fax number, email address, etc.
2.2. Entities that Jointly Use Personal Information
- Cyest Holdings
- Cyest International
- Cyest Energy
2.3. Intended Purpose for Using Personal Information
Same as described in “Purpose of Use of Personal Information” in 1. above.
2.4. Contact Point for the Entity Responsible for Managing Personal Information
Personal Information Protection Manager
Director, Administration Department, Personal Information Protection Consultation Desk
Address: 107-0052 Akasaka 2-17-69 Akasaka Minato-ku TOKYO
Akasaka Phoenix Building 3F Cyest Corporation, Administration Department
Personal Information Protection Consultation Desk
Telephone number: +81 3-5797-7650
Office hours: Monday-Friday (except public holidays and New Year holidays), 10:00 – 12:00, 13:00 – 17:00
3. Provision of Personal Data to A Third Party
We do not share your personal information with third parties except in the following cases.
- Consent has been obtained from the principal.
- When outsourcing to a delegated subcontractor within the scope necessary to fulfill the utilization.
- Disclosure or provision of personal information is legally mandated for compliance with the Laws and Regulations.
- Personal information must be provided to the third party to protect human life, health, or property and it is difficult to obtain consent from the principal.
- The provision of personal information is especially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal.
- The provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the principal might impede the execution of the operations concerned.
- When providing to our other legal entities and for all the purposes outlined in the 2. About Jointly-used Personal Information above.
4. Modification of the “Personal Information Protection Guidelines” and “Handling of Personal Information”
Our “Personal Information Protection Guideline” and “Handling of Personal Information” are intended as guidelines only and are subject to change at the sole discretion of Cyest Corporation.